Little Inventors reserves the right to gather information relating to site usage. By using this website or signing up to our newsletter you consent to this collection and use of information. Your information will not be disclosed or sold to any third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.
First of all - what is personal data?
It’s any information that are related to a person that can be either directly or indirectly identified. For us, this is any information related to you such as your name, surname or address. We will call this type of information “data”.
The data we collect
As a child or parent/ guardian of a child submitting an invention:
- First name of child
- Email (a parent/guardian’s email)
- Date of birth
- Location (city and country)
As an adult signing up to become a Magnificent Maker:
- Home city & country
- Website and social media info
How we collect your Data
We collect information about you with your permission when you:
- Register to receive our newsletter (your email address only)
- Upload an invention ideas to our website
- Work with our collaborative partners to evaluate the Little Inventors challenges (and all linked activities) to see what impact they have, in order to inform future strategies and planning
- Provide any information about yourself via our website
- Sign up to become a Magnificent Maker
- Contact us via any of our @littleinventors.org email addresses, or contact us by phone
- Visit our website, information is collected using cookies
Ways we use your Data
We use your data to:
- Get in contact with you regarding drawing entries to let you know when they have been moderated, when receiving feedback or when selected as part of a competition or when your entry has been selected for making
- Send you information about relevant Little Inventors challenges, events and making opportunities.
- Collect information about the reach of our Little Inventors challenges across the globe, for research purposes, in order to help our organisation
If we intend to use your information for anything other than the reasons stated above, we will always ask for permission.
We will only collect, keep, process and share personal data for legitimate business purposes as detailed above or if we are legally required to do so.
Our email messages and campaigns are based on voluntary registration in compliance with data protection law and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
In line with the Data Protection act and GDPR Regulations, we aim to keep personal data in a form that permits identification of any individual for no longer than is necessary and only for the purposes for which it was supplied. In order for us to do this we may, from time to time, ask you if you wish to remain on our mailing list and be contacted about future events and activities
If you’re subscribed to our newsletter mailing list you will receive information regarding our work and events. You can easily unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking on the link displayed at the bottom of each newsletter.
Cookies and website info
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We collect information about browsing behaviour on our website so we can update it and ensure it is relevant for our audience. We anonymise and mask IP addresses and never store your full IP address.
Accessing your data / Right to be forgotten
You can request a copy, transfer or deletion of the personal data we keep about you at any time by contacting us by email via email@example.com or write to:Little Inventors Ltd
26 Granville Court
Newcastle Upon Tyne
What if I have more questions?
If you have any questions about these updates, GDPR or data security, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org